Updated: Jul 19, 2022
Shaping to Release New Single Ye Yeh
New Release Comes on June 10th
Today, Shaping joins us at HMP Records to talk about his new single, Ye Yeh.
- Hey Shaping, welcome to HMP Records! How have you been?
Hey thank you! I have been well, keeping busy making and enjoying music
- Can you talk to us more about your latest single "Ye Yah"?
Yes. I wanted to produce a cool danceable house track with an old school vibe.
It began with the bassline and once I had that in place I felt the vocals added life to the track. I was aiming for something that would be at home in the club but also listenable at home. I think I achieved that.
- Did any event or experience in particular inspire you when producing this track?
I started DJing back in the late 80s/early 90s, right at the start of house music! After producing more modern sounding tracks recently I took a break and began listening to some of the old classic house tracks from back in the day. That inspired me to produce a track with the same vibe.
- Who are some of your musical influences?
Early influences were artists like William Orbit, Todd Terry and Inner City
Current artists include Einmusik and Jonas Saalbach
- How was the creation process for you? Any roadblocks?
The main bassline vocals and keys actually came together really quickly but then ended up kicking around for ages while I worked out where to take it.
The actual song structure then fell in to place one night.
- What’s your favorite part about being a musician?
It has to be knowing that other people are listening to and enjoying something that I have created. You can’t beat that feeling!
- To date, what's your most memorable music moment?
The release of my first track on a label, “Primary Network”. It was the culmination of years of work
- What does the immediate future hold for you in your artistic career?
I’m getting back to my house roots and that is the path I will be following in 2022.
I have more tracks in the pipeline and I am feeling inspired. Watch this space!!