Updated: Jun 9
Shaping to Release New Single Ye Yeh
New Release Comes on June 10th
Today, Shaping joins us at HMP Records to talk about his new single, Ye Yeh.
- Hey Shaping, welcome to HMP Records! How have you been?
Hey thank you! I have been well, keeping busy making and enjoying music
- Can you talk to us more about your latest single "Ye Yah"?
Yes. I wanted to produce a cool danceable house track with an old school vibe.
It began with the bassline and once I had that in place I felt the vocals added life to the track. I was aiming for something that would be at home in the club but also listenable at home. I think I achieved that.
- Did any event or experience in particular inspire you when producing this track?
I started DJing back in the late 80s/early 90s, right at the start of house music! After producing more modern sounding tracks recently I took a break and began listening to some of the old classic house tracks from back in the day. That inspired me to produce a track with the same vibe.
- Who are some of your musical influences?
Early influences were artists like William Orbit, Todd Terry and Inner City
Current artists include Einmusik and Jonas Saalbach
- How was the creation process for you? Any roadblocks?
The main bassline vocals and keys actually came together really quickly but then ended up kicking around for ages while I worked out where to take it.
The actual song structure then fell in to place one night.
- What’s your favorite part about being a musician?
It has to be knowing that other people are listening to and enjoying something that I have created. You can’t beat that feeling!
- To date, what's your most memorable music moment?
The release of my first track on a label, “Primary Network”. It was the culmination of years of work
- What does the immediate future hold for you in your artistic career?
I’m getting back to my house roots and that is the path I will be following in 2022.
I have more tracks in the pipeline and I am feeling inspired. Watch this space!!